Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Carrot and Capsicum baked french fries

Carrot and Capsicum Baked French Fries


Hi All, I am here to give you a guilt free recipe. The name of the dish by itself sounds a bit funny right? Its baked then how do you call it 'fries'? This was my husband's comment when I told him the name. But I feel that this name is apt because it tastes exactly like its been fried.

I had to prepare some evening snacks for my husband and I was thinking about what to prepare. Then all of a sudden I had this idea. I wanted something like chips but guilt free and I didnt have potato or raw banana at home. So, as usual started browsing the net for recipes with capsicum and carrot which I had and found this. I was so happy that I found a guilt free recipe. I didnt want to eat some deep fried thing and feel that I have put on atleast 2 kgs weight in a single day, plan to do all sorts of exercise and end up not doing even half of them. Oh! Thats a terrible feeling. Enough of my stories, here goes the recipe.


Ingredients:


1. Carrot (skin peeled) - 2
2. Capsicum -1 small
3. Pepper powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
4. Chilli flakes - 1tsp
5. Salt as needed
6. Refined oil - 2tsp

Method:


1. Preheat oven at 190◦  C for ten minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the carrot and capsicum length wise, so that they look like french fries.



3. In a mixing bowl, combine the veggies, oil, pepper, chilli flakes and salt.
4. Arrange the veggies on the baking tray (I covered it with aluminium foil) and bake for about 7-10 mins till cooked and crispy.



Serve hot with tomato sauce!
                                       

Notes:


1. I had cut the veggies thin so mine got done in 7 minutes.
2. You can try only with carrot as in the original recipe.
3. I baked them in 2 batches.


2 comments:

  1. Rathy - great to see you blogging :) Continue the good work! Convey my regards to Annapoorance ma'am too!

    ReplyDelete